Monday 6 June 2016

TOP 10 TV SHOWS YOU NEED TO WATCH

T.V. shows and the small screen in general is all the rave right now. 


As an avid lover of all things small screen and a devoted cinemaphile, I decided to count down my top 10 favorite T.V. shows. I am absolutely sure this list is very relatable; especially if you have come across these shows in one way or another. If you have not, I gladly introduce them to you.

10. HOUSE OF CARDS


House of cards is a mind blowing political drama. It is totally ingenious and exceptionally captivating. It is not only for those who enjoy the game of politics as    people often think because it does a little something for everyone.
In general House of cards is a very good show and also very binge worthy.

9. DAREDEVIL  


I sincerely do not know how to describe 'Daredevil' and all of its awesomeness. Daredevil is definitely not your average superhero movie. It is very intense, dark, beautiful, annoying (when he tries to push everyone away: you would understand if you've seen it) and it gets really thought provocative at times. I love how the ' Daredevil' himself is human (no superpowers) and I also do enjoy how cute he ( Charlie cox) is.

Daredevil is a definite must see and I am absolutely sure you would thank me after.

8. SCANDAL


Scandal is absolutely smart, honest, very thrilling and arguably one of the best TV series out there.

To be exceptionally honest, I was torn between either "SUITS" or "SCANDAL" being on this no. 8 spot. I really do love suits with all its smart humour and "adorable" characters but I was trying to make this list as relatable as possible and I know 7 out of 10 people would definitely kill me if I did not include scandal.

Sincerely, most people are not sure why they love scandal but it has a way of absorbing you into having a bias affection towards it and it is also absolutely binge worthy.

7. FAMILY GUY


This adult animated sitcom definitely had to be on this list. Thinking of family guy alone makes me pee a little in my pant from its humour talkless of watching it. The whole ensemble is just weirdly awesome. Brian and Stewie are my favourite. In all, the show is just sick, dark, stupid and very hillarious.

6. THE BIG BANG THEORY


This is like my FAVOURITE sitcom ever!!!!! (don't judge me for being all fan girly but I really do love this show). It is intelligent, witty, nerdy, entertaining and funny all at once. It is not often you get all these characteristics in one show.

When The big bang theory first came out in 2007, I didn't care at all to see it. I thought "oh well, another geek show", but after I binge watched season 1-8 last year, I was dying for more and cursing my younger ignorant self for ever thinking the show may be "wack". 

The big bang theory is an exceptional show that just draws you into falling in love with the characters. I still can’t pick my favourite character whether its the dry witty Leonard Hoffstater or the quirky, calculating and cynical Sheldon Cooper or even the dumb blonde Penny. You just fall absolutely in love with all of them and also with the show.

5. THE WALKING DEAD


As usual, I didn’t get to see this show till its fourth season so i had the opportunity of binge watching all four seasons of the show and i was totally hooked.

The Walking Dead gives you an insight of what a zombie apocalyspe may seem like from weeks of when it happened to months and then years. The show keeps you on your feet and it keeps you asking "What's next?".

Totally binge worthy and a good show for zombie lovers, prospective zombie lovers and also those who don’t love zombies (but really, who doesn’t love zombies????).  

4. SHERLOCK


Oh!! Sherlock, Oh! sweet cumberbatch (I can’t help but 'fan girl' all over the place). I don't know if its cumberbatch that has me biased about this show or its just because of how intelligent the show is. I really don’t know what to say anymore but if you haven’t gotten around to seeing this brilliant show: excuse me, but what the hell are you waiting for???

3. BREAKING BAD


The season one of breaking bad was exceptionally annoying and boring to me but as the years went by Breaking bad went from being "kinda boring" to being "one of the greatest television shows of all time". It also actually entered the Guiness book of record in 2013 as "the most critically acclaimed show of all time".

Breaking bad is, simply put "an awesome show with a very good storyline".

2. ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK


The best thing about orange is the new black is how empowering it is (to some females) but what i really do love about the show is how it brings a lighter side to criminals and people we see as unredeemable.

Orange is the new black is very intriguing, interesting, unusual, eccentric and a little funny. 

The show has some of the strongest characters everrrrr!. I have never seen a person who has just one favourite character in OITNB (you can try it, ask your friend their favourite characters in OITNB). A must see!!!

1. GAME OF THRONES


I am sure I speak for more than half of the world when i say "This is the best TV show of our time".

This five star TV series is a collection of powerful characters, powerful scenes and powerful words/quotes. It is brilliant, intelligent, wild and very thought provoking.
Game of thrones is actually one of the best written TV series of all times.

Although the sex and violence has been a major subject for critics, I say what is Game of thrones without sex and violence? ( Do you agree?).
Anyways, if you haven’t seen Game Of thrones I really 'really' don’t know what you are waiting for!!!!
   
....and that’s it, my Top 10 favourite TV shows. Don't forget to comment below. Tell me how relatable the list was, tell me your own reviews of the listed shows and tell me if the list was deserving.

If you haven’t seen any of the shows above, please endeavour to do so.Thats a wrap for now. Keep in touch for my "Top 10 favourite movies of 2016". Much Love!


P.S. I was trying to avoid spoilers so i didn’t give any account of what each show was really about.

Credit: Miss Dumebi Osamor

Feel free to drop your comments and contributions.

For mobile phones,

Follow us on twitter @Frozenhuman1
Subscribe to our BBM channel at C00295B9E
Like our facebook page at www.facebook.com/FrozenHumanBlog


For laptops and tabs, simply click on the like button on the right to like our facebook page and click on @frozenhuman1 directly below the Facebook box to follow us on Twitter.

5 comments:

  1. Game of thrones deserves number one...good list

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to get away with murder is missing though. Nice movies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Game of thrones, big bang theory, scorpion(not listed), house of cards, Sherlock, The Flash. Few of My shows

    ReplyDelete
  4. suits(not listed),homeland,house of cards,the big band theory and game of thrones

    ReplyDelete