Saturday 21 May 2016

POWERDRUNK......A TALE OF MONEY, POWER AND RESPECT EPISODE 5

If you missed episode 1, click HERE
If you missed episode 2, click HERE
If you missed episode 3, click HERE
If you missed episode 4, click HERE


Back in Linus’ house, all was going smoothly. Infact, Linus was coming home to meet a good news. 

His SUV pulled into his garage and his wife, Mrs.Angela came forward to welcome him.

ANGELA: Welcome my able governor. You got me worried there for a bit.

LINUS: I like it when you call me that, my able first lady. The meeting ended rather late jor.

ANGELA: Was it worth it?

LINUS: Well, in all honesty, it was all balderdash. Infact, I got into a heated confrontation with Coker and a few others with the elders trying to buy out 2 candidates from the race with the sum of N50million

ANGELA: Wow!!!! thats a huge sum. Was the money gonna be shared equally between the 2 people or it was N50million for each person?

LINUS: My dear, I really did not bother to ask because I was not interested.

ANGELA: Smart move I hope.

LINUS: Well, Coker's father doesn't even believe in his son's ability to contest and win and you know that man runs the streets. I just need to get him on my side.

ANGELA: Same Coker senior you worked for some years past?

LINUS: Woman, what is your problem?

With a look of surprise, Angela asks

ANGELA: Please what did I say wrong?

LINUS: Must you rub the fact that I worked for that low-life’s father in my face? You call me a Governor yet you say I work for a fellow aspirant’s father.

ANGELA: My husband please I said that in the past tense form.

LINUS: So now you have reduced me from ‘governor’ to ‘my husband’ right?

ANGELA: Please you are getting all this wrong

LINUS: Please spare me the details. I am hungry. A decent woman would even allow her husband enter into the house first before harassing him but you decided to do that right in the garage. To think of it, I think I just lost my appetite. I am off to bed.

Linus heads into the house with his wife following him from behind and trying to apologise. He stumbles upon a mini-celebration with his 3 daughters and his son in attendance

LINUS: What is going on here? What is the celebration for?

ANGELA: I tried explaining to you outside, your son made his papers, infact the Federal University in this state just granted him admission to study Medicine.

PETER: Mum, I gat it from here. Welcome dad. We never knew you would be home this late but this is just a small get-together we put up just to celebrate my success.

LINUS: A big congratulations to you my boy. Please let the celebration continue.

Everyone went to the dining table and ate to their fill. As Angela stood to clear up, Linus calls for a brief meeting.

LINUS: I decided to wait for you all to be through with your meals before saying anything. Peter, I am glad you made your papers but I am sorry you would not be schooling in Nigeria. Infact, I have concluded plans to have you moved to the US

PETER: Dad, please can I decline?

LINUS: I wonder why you think this is up for debate young man.

ANGELA: Linus, please why this sudden change?

LINUS: The politics involved in contesting for governorship of this state may swallow my family if they are around me so be prepared to travel soon young man.

ANGELA: But you can’t just make such decisions alone without considering....

LINUS: There is really no need to debate this at all Angie. With the way the meeting went, things would get rough very soon. Besides, I just fired the first shot this evening. Stella should be feeling the heat right about now. For your sisters who may want to remain in this state, a security detail shall be attached to each of you ladies but as for my son, the one who would continue my family name, you just have to leave Nigeria.

Peter stormed out of the dining room while the maids cleared up the table.


Stella who stayed not too far away from the meeting venue arrived home within 30mins to meet a squad of intimidating policemen at her gate. She pulled into the garage and saw her husband arguing with one of the men who had a piece of paper in his hand. She alighted and rushed to quell the situation.

STELLA: Please gentlemen, what is going on here?

POLICEMAN: Welcome madam, we have a warrant out for your arrest so we are here to effect the order. Cuff her and lets go

Stella was too surprised to say a word, the officer moved to put the cuffs on her wrist before she regained her senses to ask  questions.

Catch the next episode of this adventure next week Friday.

Feel free to drop your comments and contributions.

For mobile phones,

Follow us on twitter @Frozenhuman1
Subscribe to our BBM channel at C00295B9E
Like our facebook page at www.facebook.com/FrozenHumanBlog
Join our facebook group, simply search for The Young Minds on facebook and click on join. 

For laptops and tabs, 
simply click on the like button on the right to like our facebook page and click on @frozenhuman1 directly below the Facebook box to follow us on Twitter. 
Join our facebook group, simply search for The Young Minds on facebook and click on join.

2 comments: