Friday 3 June 2016

ADVENTURES OF OVIE EPISODE 7

If you missed episode 1, click HERE
If you missed episode 2, click HERE
If you missed episode 3, click HERE
If you missed episode 4, click HERE
If you missed episode 5, click HERE
If you missed episode 6, click HERE


I spent the night rolling back and forth on my bed, thinking of just how I was gonna face Lilian and her Parents. I know I was supposed to find solace in the fact that my parents were gonna be there with me but instead, I was sure that would only worsen matters. Finally slept off after much thinking.

I woke up about 5 times before the day broke. At about 7am, the usual prayer time, we all gathered together as a family to pray. Dad started praise and worship with his crooked voice and mum followed, they both ended up mixing different musical tones; good thing God doesn’t judge our voices. 

The stare from my parents made Nero and I join in without hesitation. The prayer continued till about 7.45am; Nero exerted a rather keen interest in praying that morning that even my parents noticed this new zeal. After the prayers, they were tempted to ask questions

MAMA: Nero, this one that your voice was the loudest during prayer session, did you see ghost in your dream?

PAPA: I think he did this just so we allow him accompany us to Lilian’s house today, well Nero just know that is not going to happen.

NERO: Papa, mama no be so oh. E geh 1 dream wey me dream lastnight

ME: Nero it better not be about me.

NERO: The dream ehn, e worry well well.

MAMA: Oya talk am make we hear.

NERO: For inside this dream so, I just see myself for inside Heaven. Paleh Heaven fine o. Everywhere just dey shine

PAPA: Ofcourse my boy. It is the kingdom of God.

NERO: As I just dey waka, all the angels just dey hail me. Peter trowey salute, the streets be like gold, see as everywhere dey bubble. As I branch enter Job street, na so so gbedu, Paul Avenue seff na gbedu.

MAMA: Your own Heaven, na only gbedu them sabi? Nobody dey pray give Bros J?

NERO: The gbedu na the praise na. Even me trowey some dance steps give them.

PAPA: So you wasted our time this morning just to tell us about some dance steps in your ‘Heaven’.

NERO: Papa no na, I never even finish. As I dance finish, I just remember sey my papa na knight for church so e must dey Heaven. Na so I begin find you oh. Na here the dream begin worry well well. I waka pass Peter street, pass Mary Estate, papa I waka oh, I no see you.

MAMA: You dey try tell us sey your papa no make Heaven?

NERO: Mama na so e take shock me seff oh.

MAMA: If your papa no make am, e mean sey nobody for this house geh hope. Beht wait o, how you take enter there?

My father just kept quiet and listened with keen interest, waiting for the right moment to strike. Nero kept on with the narration

NERO: Mama no be by who collect Knighthood for inside church. Papa no vex oh

ME: So only you made Heaven in this family?

NERO: Bros Ovie, na your own even get weight pass, na for outside gate I see you dey shout; you dey try beg Bros J make Him forgive you for wetin  you do Lilian.

PAPA: In all my life, I have never seen someone more silly than you Nero. This was the same way you narrated a dream lastweek that still doesn’t make sense till today.

NERO: Papa, that dream of lastweek still happen oh, una no just know

MAMA: Oya explain

NERO: Shey that one for last week, water just appear for everywhere from nowhere enter somewhere, everything for this house begin go with the water. Na only Bros Ovie face show for the dream, bros Ovie join the water go.

MAMA: So how the dream take happen for real life?

NERO: Bros dun give geh belle na, which gbege water pass that 1?

ME: Papa hold this boy before I pounce on him

MAMA: The way you take pounce on top Lilian abi? Your brother dun turn prophet; e better make you try dey bribe am make e for dream better dream for you.

ME: So when it involves only me, the dream is correct but when it involves the other members of the family it is false.

PAPA: Are you even remotely trying to say that I, Sir Officer Okoparoko Linus KSM shall not make Heaven?

ME: No oh, papa. Shey na me dream the dream?

PAPA: It really doesn’t matter anyway, we have a long day ahead of us. Nero, it doesn’t matter if you assumed the role of Jesus in your dream, you are not coming along with us.

We all disperse into our various rooms while I prepare to face my kismet.


Catch the next episode of this adventure next week Friday.

Feel free to drop your comments and contributions.

For mobile phones,

Follow us on twitter @Frozenhuman1
Subscribe to our BBM channel at C00295B9E
Like our facebook page at www.facebook.com/FrozenHumanBlog


For laptops and tabs, simply click on the like button on the right to like our facebook page and click on @frozenhuman1 directly below the Facebook box to follow us on Twitter.

4 comments: